Before the preconference
- Set up Python on your computer
- Set up a text editor
- Practice starting & exiting Python
- Practice navigating your files from the command prompt
- Practice running Python code from a file
- Get dependencies installed for projects
- Optional: Get started!
Welcome! We're so glad you'll be able to join us. There are a few things you'll need to set up on your computer and be comfortable with before the event, if you aren't already.
If you need help with any of these steps, we'll be providing virtual office hours (check your email). We'll also be providing drop-in help in Chicago the night before the event -- Thursday, 5-9pm, at Northwestern's Schaffner Library (339 E Chicago Ave).
The event hashtag is #ala2013py.